Clean Stay at Metro
The team at Metro Hotels has implemented a renewed focus on guest health, safety, and wellbeing. We want to give every guest that stays with us confidence and peace of mind, knowing that their health and safety is our first and foremost important priority.
How Our Hotels Have Adapted & What to Expect:
- Ensuring social & physical distancing measures have been rolled out in all public spaces including reception areas, lifts, gyms, swimming pools, event/function spaces and hallways.
- Interaction at reception particularly during check-in and check-out will be somewhat different with changes implemented to reduce direct contact with the hotel team and guests. Our preference is for cashless payments and we have introduced new cash handling procedures for our teams.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, lift (and lift buttons), door handles, public bathrooms, and room key cards.
- We have introduced contactless cleaning procedures in the hotel and a multi-point checklist for deep cleans in between guest departure and arrival.
- Information and directional signage including distancing, hand washing, and cough etiquette messaging.
- Hand sanitiser stations are now located in many common areas and at key touchpoints.
- We have removed superfluous items from hotel rooms – such as soft furnishings like extra pillows, blankets, and decorative bed throws.
- Extra attention to clean high touchpoints in rooms – including remote controls that are cleaned, sanitised and sealed in bags or wrapping.
- Room service where relevant now operates with contactless delivery.
- All hotel team members have been given access to appropriate PPE gear.
- Crockery, utensils, and glassware in your hotel room will either be removed and provided on request, replaced with single use items or will be available in your room packaged in a sanitised bag or film.
Back of House
- The Metro Hospitality Group management team will continue to monitor the latest news and information to prepare for and respond to COVID-19 if needed, and to support the hotel and its staff and guests.
- In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, our hotel teams are also trained on COVID-19 awareness and ongoing training will continue as our ongoing cleanliness & hygiene policies evolve.
- We work with our suppliers across Australia to make sure our hotels can procure and use virus-killing products approved by the Australian Federal Government and individual State Government requirements – as well as the protective equipment they need for their operations. Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including COVID-19.
- In the spaces where hotel teams work “behind the scenes,” hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like staff entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms, and offices.
- From our kitchens to our back offices to our hotel rooms, we continue to stem the spread of bacteria through strong hand hygiene management and heightened surface and floor disinfectant protocols. This includes high touch surfaces in guest rooms and shared spaces.
- Post stay deep cleans are elevated from commercial grade to hospital-grade.
Correct as at 12th June 2020.